Don't allow weight gain during the holiday season to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Instead, make mindful choices, plan ahead and make smart substitutions. Skip the sugar and fat-filled holiday baskets and make your own healthy treat! This doesn't get simpler 2-ingredient cookie can serve as a satisfying breakfast with a greek yogurt or a tasty snack with a cup of tea. Don't wait until the New Year to eat better!
▪ 3-4 large bananas, mashed
▪ 2 cups oats (choose gluten-free as needed)
If desired you can also add in some of the following:
▪ 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
▪ dark chocolate chips
▪ dried cranberries
▪ chopped walnuts, almond, pecans, chia seeds or ground flax seed
▪ coconut flakes
▪ cocoa nibs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place oats in blender or food processor and blend until oats become the consistency of flour; it’s okay if it’s not perfectly ground.
3. In large bowl combined mashed banana with oats until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of your favorite add in or top each cookie with 4 dark chocolate chips.
4. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Drop dough by large tablespoons onto cookie sheet; flatten a bit with a rubber spatula. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Cookies will keep in a covered container for a few days, or they can be frozen and reheated. Makes about 12 decent size cookies.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 90
Calories do not reflect add-ins.